APD10D1 is a bottom illuminated, high speed avalanche photodiode (APD) chip with an integrated backside lens. A key strength of this innovative APD is its low excess noise, allowing receiver sensitivities of -34 dBm @ BER 5e-5 when used with an appropriate TIA. The APD is optimized for single-mode 10GBASE-ER as well as 10G PON applications. It can be operated at a low bias voltage of typically 27 V and has an excellent gain-bandwidth product of 90 GHz.
The integrated backside lens allows easy optical coupling across an effective backside active diameter of 70 µm. The APD is flip-chip soldered on a metallized ceramic carrier with a coplanar GSG or a Y-shaped contact pad layout. The large pads allow placement of multiple bonds.
- Enables a receiver sensitivity of -34 dBm
- Easy optical coupling through integrated backside lens
- Large effective backside active diameter of 70 μm
- High responsivity: 10.5 A/W
- High gain-bandwidth product: 90 GHz
- Flip-chip soldered onto ceramic carrier with GSG or Y-shaped contact pad layout