20 GHz High Power Photodiode on Carrier
HPS20Y1 is a high power, high linearity photodiode chip mounted on an AlN carrier. It offers a typical bandwidth of 22 GHz for photocurrents up to 50 mA, a responsivity of 0.5 A/W and high linearity of +30 dBm OIP3 @ 20 GHz, 30 mA. Typical applications include analog optical links, microwave photonics and radio-over-fiber.
The product features a coplanar GSG pad layout or a T-shaped pad layout. The large pads allow placement of multiple bonds. For optimal performance the bottom side of HPS20Y1 should be attached to a thermally conductive surface. Active cooling is not required.
- Easy optical coupling through large active light entry area
- High operating photocurrent: 50 mA
- High optical input power: up to 20 dBm
- Large dynamic range
- Flip-chip soldered onto AlN carrier
- Available with GSG or T-shaped pad layout