Ultra high speed avalanche photodiode (APD) chip with a Y-shaped pad layout and an integrated backside lens. Key features of this innovative APD are a large dynamic range and a high optical damage threshold of up to +5 dBm. This innovative APD provides low noise multiplication and a high gain-bandwidth product which enables the design of high sensitivity 28G receivers. Record sensitivity of -25 dBm @ BER of 5E-5 has been demonstrated. Typical applications include 28 Gbaud PAM-4, 100GBASE-ER4 and 25G EPON.
The integrated backside lens focuses the incoming light beam on the topside detecting area, enabling an easy and efficient optical coupling.
- High optical damage threshold: up to +5 dBm
- Large dynamic range
- Low noise multiplication
- High gain-bandwidth product
- High responsivity: 5 A/W
- Large lens diameter of 100 μm
- Low operating bias: 20 V
- Low temperature dependence: 10 mV/°C
- Layout suitable for wire bonding and flip-chip soldering