APD10G1 is a topside illuminated, high speed avalanche photodiode (APD) chip with a large dual pad layout allowing placement of multiple wire bonds on one pad.
Key strengths of this innovative APD are its low excess noise and its high optical damage threshold of up to +5 dBm. The low excess noise allows receiver sensitivities of -34.5 dBm @ BER 5e-5 with a simultaneous -31.0 dBm @ BER 1e-12 when used with an appropriate TIA.
The APD is optimized for single-mode 10GBASE-ER as well as 10G PON applications. It can be operated at a low bias voltage of typically 27 V and has an excellent gain-bandwidth product of 90 GHz.
- Enables a receiver sensitivity of –34.5 dBm
- High optical damage threshold: up to +5 dBm
- Responsivity up to 10 A/W
- High gain-bandwidth product: 90 GHz
- Low operating bias: 27 V
- Low temperature dependence: 20 mV/°C
- Cost effective, ultra-small chip size