10 Gb/s Topside Illuminated APD
APD10F1 is a topside illuminated, high speed avalanche photodiode (APD) chip with a large dual pad layout allowing placement of multiple wire bonds on one pad.
Key strengths of this innovative APD are its low excess noise resulting in receiver sensitivities of -34.5 dBm @ BER 5e-5 with a simultaneous -31.0 dBm @ BER 1e-12 when used with an appropriate TIA.
The APD is optimized for single-mode 10GBASE-ER as well as XG-PON / XGS-PON applications. It can be operated at a low bias voltage of typically 30 V and has an excellent gain-bandwidth product of 90 GHz.
- Enables a receiver sensitivity of –34.5 dBm
- High responsivity: 10 A/W
- High gain-bandwidth product: 90 GHz
- Large aperture size
- Low temperature dependence: 20 mV/°C
- Cost effective, ultra-small chip size