APD10D1 is a bottom illuminated, high speed avalanche photodiode (APD) chip with an integrated backside lens. A key strength of this innovative APD is its low excess noise, allowing receiver sensitivities of -34 dBm @ BER 5e-5 when used with an appropriate TIA. The integrated backside lens allows easy and efficient optical coupling.
The APD is optimized for single-mode 10GBASE-ER as well as 10G PON applications. It can be operated at a low bias voltage of typically 27 V and has an excellent gain-bandwidth product of 90 GHz.
The chip has a flexible contact pad layout allowing both wire-bonding or flip-chip mounting in different configurations.
- Enables a receiver sensitivity of –34 dBm with commercially available TIAs
- High gain-bandwidth product: 90 GHz
- Large lens diameter of 100 μm
- Low operating bias: 27 V
- Low temperature dependence: 20 mV/°C
- Flexible pad configuration with support pads for flip-chip bonding