Bottom-illuminated, 25 Gb/s avalanche photodiode (APD) chip with integrated backside lens mounted onto ceramic carrier. This innovative APD provides low noise multiplication and a high gain-bandwidth product which enables the design of high sensitivity 25G receivers. Typical applications include 28 Gbaud PAM-4, 100GBASE-ER4 and 25G EPON.
The integrated backside lens focuses the incoming light beam on the topside detecting area, enabling an easy and efficient optical coupling.
The APD is flip-chip bonded on a metallized ceramic submount with a T-shaped contact layout. The large pads allow placement of multiple bonds.
- Low noise multiplication
- High gain-bandwidth product
- Enabling high sensitivity 25G receivers
- Large lens diameter of 100 μm
- High responsivity: 0.8 A/W
- Flip-chip soldered onto ceramic carrier
- Customized versions available on request