APD10D1 is a bottom-illuminated, high speed avalanche (APD) photodiode chip with an integrated backside lens. The APD is optimized for single-mode 10 Gb/s SONET/SDH as well as 10G PON applications. A key feature of this innovative APD is low excess noise, enabling receiver sensitivities of -30 dBm for 10 Gb/s NRZ signals when used with an appropriate TIA.
The integrated backside lens focuses the incoming light beam on the topside detecting area, enabling an easy and efficient optical coupling.
The chip has a flexible contact pad layout allowing both wire-bonding or flip-chip mounting in different configurations.
- Enables a receiver sensitivity of –30 dBm with commercially available TIAs
- High gain-bandwidth product: 90 GHz
- Large lens diameter of 100 μm
- Low operating bias: 27 V
- Low temperature dependence: 25 mV/°C
- Low capacitance: 110 fF
- Flexible pad configuration with support pads for flip-chip bonding